Congratulations on starting your eCommerce business! Now it is time to put your marketing hat on and try to attract as many potential customers as possible.

Starting an eCommerce business is actually the easy part of the process. Attracting people to your website and convincing them to make a purchase is a much harder process that requires a lot of time, effort, and resources.

However, is it possible to start an online eCommerce business without a big marketing budget?

It most certainly is.

There are many free advertising strategies that you can use, and we will highlight the best ones in this article.

1. Social Media

Social media platforms will be your best friend for promoting your business. Even though they offer paid advertising methods, you’ll still be able to reach more people without investing a dime.

Your job is to find a way to approach your public and offer valuable and engaging content for your audience. That way, with each engagement, you’ll reach more people without investing any money.

Remember to follow the 80/20 rule for social media posting. You should post informative, fun, and engaging content 80% of the time, and the other 20% are specified for promoting your business.

2. Start Blogging

You should never underestimate the power of a blog. By writing posts on your blog about certain topics that are similar to your eCommerce category, you’ll reach more potential customers that will visit your website.

You can start your own blog or run a guest posting strategy by publishing posts on other blogs that link to your website. Your backlink strategy will not only get you a free audience but also improve your SEO and positioning in search results.

3. Use SEO Strategy

Search engine optimization is a strategy that will help you rank better on SERP results. You should ask yourself questions that will directly affect your SEO, such as how to improve website speed, how to target keywords, images, Metadata, and much more.

The best way to start a successful SEO strategy is to find a How-To guide on SEO and start learning. The process isn’t that difficult, and even beginners can make some SEO improvements on their eCommerce businesses that will bring more people to their website.

4. Email Advertising

Most people fail to notice the power of email campaigns. Since you are running an eCommerce store, email marketing is crucial for the success of your business.

You should find a way to collect emails from potential customers (maybe by starting a giveaway) that will be used in the future for sending promotional materials.

Email marketing currently has the biggest ROI out of all other advertising methods. It can bring up to $40 for every $1 spent on email marketing. But if you run on a tight budget, you can collect emails and start a few newsletter campaigns without spending a dime.

5. Answer Questions on Quora

Quora is a question/answer website that is perfect for getting free traffic on your website. Back in 2018, Quora reported an audience of 300 million monthly visitors, and we expect that this number is much higher now.

You should find questions that relate to your product category. For example, if you are selling phone chargers, you should answer questions like “why my phone doesn’t charge fast enough?” and offer your product as an answer to their problems.

You’ll be amazed at how much the audience this can bring to your website.

Final Words

There are plenty of free advertising methods that can bring you a ton of traffic to your website. They might take more time than paid advertising methods, but they are much more long-lasting.

For example, if you build a good SEO for your website, you should expect free traffic for at least a few years without lifting a finger.

It is important to make sure that your eCommerce store has all the necessary things. For example, install the HelpCenterApp for the best ecommerce customer support. Make sure your payment gateway is functioning before starting your marketing promotion.

Recommended blogs for you

Add a Comment

Please Rate This Post*

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *