One of the familiar questions that we read these days on platforms such as Quora is: how do I become a professional Python programmer?
Yes, today many IT professionals are willing to pursue their career as Python programmer.The reason for the rise in such trend is because Python is emerging as the one of the most powerful programming languages of the present IT world.
Today we can see that more and more companies are relying on Python to develop their software projects across different industries. This programming language is being used in various fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science etc.
These are some of the factors that have led to offered huge career opportunities for young aspiring professionals across the world.
Source: Stack Overflow
We have also observed that many young IT professionals are looking for a right career guide that would help them to become a Python professional. Sowith an aim to help all such people all we are presenting here this blog to discuss a career guideline to become Python professional.
If you are new to the world of Python and are willing to learn it then we recommend to look into these online courses that contains a library of Python course that help you to learn this programming language efficiently.
In this blog, I will be covering the following topics.
- Why Learn Python?
- What are the career opportunities related to Python programming?
- Top companies using Python Programming
- Where Python developers can find jobs?
- How Simpliv can help You to become a Python professional?
- 5 Key Takeaways
Why Learn Python?
Python is a general purpose, object oriented, easy to learn programming language. There are many reasons why one needs to learn Python. Some of them are as follows:
- Python supports Object-Oriented programming language
- Python follows a easy syntax and hence has a simple coding structure
- Python is considered as an easy programming language to learn for beginners
- Python supports set of different libraries and API’s that will help the developers to build the software applications easily.
Now let us see some of the career opportunities of Python Programming.
What are the career opportunities related to Python programming?
Python programming language provides several clear paths to aspiring professionals to find meaningful work. This programming language has created jobs across different sectors. Here is the list of different types of Python jobs:
- Python Developers
- Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- AI Engineer
- Product Managers.
Now let us discuss each of these job titles separately:
1. Python Developer
Python developers are high in demand. The gap between demand and supply of Python developers is very high in the IT industry. Many companies are finding it difficult to hire skilled Python developer who can match their requirements.
Roles and responsibilities of a Python developer:
- They need to write, reusable, testable and efficient code
- They have to do the task of integration of data storage solutions
- They need to do performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- They have to design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
Some of the skills you need to become a Python developer:
- You need to be an expert in some of the core concept of Python such as Data Structure, Object-Oriented Programming Concept, File handling concept, Exception handling concept etc.
- A better understanding of web frameworks is also very important. Knowledge of frameworks such as Django and Flask is essential.
- You need to have a good analytical skills. A good understanding of algorithms is must to write the code efficiently.
- A better understanding of multi process architecture can help you to issues related to the core framework.
- Along with technical issues, it is also important to have good soft skills such as communication skills, ability to work as a team member etc.
As per neuvoo, the average salary of Python developer is about $107,564 per year or $55.16 per hour. Entry level positions start at $29,250 per year while most experienced workers make up to $175,172 per year.
However, the salary of Python developer varies depends on several factors such as skill set, level of expertise and location.
2. Data Analyst
A Data Analyst is one who deliver value to their companies by taking some of the important information about several topics and interprets, analyzes and presents findings in a comprehensive reports.These professionals collect, processes, and perform statistical analysis on large dataset.
Roles and responsibilities of Data Analysts are as follows:
- Data Analysts need to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- They have to work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- They have to maintain report production and delivery systems
- They have to follow and make recommendations to work instructions for department processes
- They need to maintain report production and delivery systems
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other related problems
- They have to prepare reports for executives leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
Some of the skills set required to become Data Analysts:
- Basic knowledge of programming with SQL, Oracle, SAS, SPSS, Visual Basic or Visual Basics is necessary
- Basic knowledge of Oracle and Meridian is advantageous
- Understanding of MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint will be very useful
- They need to have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math or related discipline is required.
As per the Glassdoor report the average salary of the Data Analysts is about $62,453 per year. However the salary varies from person to person based upon organization, project they are working upon and experience they carry etc.
3. Machine Learning Engineer
A Machine Learning Engineer is an expert on using data to training models. A Machine Learning Engineer produces a tailor-made solution for each problem. They are sophisticated programmers who have ability to develop machines and systems that can learn and apply knowledge without specific direction.
Roles and responsibilities of Machine Learning Engineer:
- Machine Learning Engineer need to analyze the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- They need to verify data acquisition process if more data is needed
- Develop Machine Learning applications according to requirements
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- They have select appropriate datasets and data representation methods.
Some of the skills set required to become Machine Learning Engineer
- A good understanding of deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras
- Familiarity of Linux operating system
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Proficiency of Python programming language and some of the basic libraries of Machine Leaning such as scikit-learn and pandas is required
- Need to have good communication skills and have the ability to work as a team member.
Individuals may require a master’s or doctoral degree in relevant discipline to become a Machine Learning Engineer. Fields of study include computer science or mathematics. Companies often except applicants to have knowledge of specific computer programming languages such as C++ or Java.
Salary:The report given by Glassdoor says that the national average salary for a Machine Learning Engineer is $1,14,121 in united states. However salary varies from person to person depends on their work experience and type of projects they are involved in.
4. Data Scientist
Data Scientist’s are the analytical experts who can utilize their skills, in both technology and social science to find trends and manage data. They use their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets.
Roles and responsibilities of Data Scientists:
- A Data Scientists need to design, develop and deploy the most relevant solutions for their business and share their results with stakeholders
- They have to develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- They need to develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Data Scientist have to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- They need to coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor the outcomes.
Some of the skills required to become Data Scientists are as follows:
- Good understanding of some of the Machine Learning techniques such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM etc.
- Knowledge of Data Visualization such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Understanding of Data Science tools such as R, Weka, Numpy, MatLab, etc.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work as team member is necessary.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, Powerpoint, Excel etc.
The aspiring Data Scientists needs to have a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, etc or any related quantitative field.
According to reports given the job portal indeed, the average salary for a Data Analysts in USA in about $73,405 per year.However salary varies from person to person depends on organization, project and experience level of persons.
5. AI Engineer
An Artificial Engineer is someone who works on Artificial Intelligence problems or technologies. These professionals operate with algorithms, neural networks, and other tools to develop the field of AI to some extent.
Roles and responsibilities of AI Engineer:
- AI Engineer needs automate infrastructure that the Data Science team uses.
- They have to set up and manage AI development and product infrastructure
- They need to build data ingest and data transformation infrastructure
- AI Engineer have to build, measure and iterate on neutral network architectures that effectively solve the problem
- Optimize the solution for accuracy and performance.
Skills required to become AI engineer:
- A good understanding programming languages such as Python, R or Java and C++ is required
- Understand and implement different AI tools such as Hidden Markov models, Naïve Bayes, Gaussian mixture models etc.
- A better understanding of Machine Learning algorithms like linear regression, Support Vector Machines is important
- Knowledge of RDBM databases, NoSQL Database, Graph Database is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
Job aspirants must have a Bachelor’s degree from some of the areas such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance etc is required to pursue a career in Artificial Intelligence field. Some of the common fields of study include Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, robotics and engineering etc.
As per a report the average salary of an AI Engineer is $114,121 in United States. However the salary may differs based upon organization, knowledge and experience of individual.
6. Python Web Developer
A web developer is responsible for writing server-side web application logic. A web developer is an IT expert specialized in programming and development of a variety of applications using programming languages like Python.
Roles and Responsibilities of Web Developers:
- They are responsible for writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- They need to do integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- They need to design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant application
- They need to write reusable and efficient code.
Skills required to become A Python developer:
- They need to an expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
- They must be able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
Aspiring Python web developers need to have BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
As per the reports provided by Indeed, the average salary of web developer is about of $75,880 per year.
Top companies using Python Programming
As Python becoming more and more powerful programming language, many IT companies including both startups as well as MNC’s are considering it to develop their software applications. Let us look into some of the top 10 companies that use Python.
Where Python developers can find jobs?
Now that you have gained some knowledge of different types of jobs available to Python developers, now it is time to check the which are the right platforms where Python developers can find jobs.
Once you have decided to make a career in the field of Python then can consider applying for a job some of the popular job portals mentioned below:
- KDnuggets jobs
Apart from the above mentioned websites, developers can also find jobs through other platforms such as:
- Company websites
- Professional network
- Social media
- Conferences, webinars, seminars etc.
These are the some of the ways that helps you find Python jobs.
How Simpliv can help you to become a Python professional?
Simpliv a reputed online learning platform contains a large number of courses for both for experienced as well as for beginners. These courses are very well designed by experienced authors, educators that provide a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
Simpliv provides courses on various fields such Python, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science etc. It provides both online training as well as virtual classroom training.
You can look into this online learning platform here.
Python has become one of the top programming language of the present IT market. Looking at its features and its applications provided by this programming language, many organizations are using it to develop their software applications to serve their customers in a better way.
Looking at these developments many professionals are willing to learn and pursue their career in this field. So to help all such aspiring people to make a mark in this field, we have presented this blog that discuss a career guidelines to become a Python professional.
We hope that our readers have found some valuable information reading this blog. If you think some more topics needed to be discussed here, then please let us know in the comment section.
With all the information discussed above, at this point we are introducing you to these online courses that would help you to learn this programming language better.
Now we request you to please share this blog in your circles so that it can reach to maximum people who are looking for a similar kind of information.
5 Key Takeaways:
- Python is considered as an easy programming language to learn.
- Some of the leading companies such as Instagram, Google and Netflix use Python to develop their software applications.
- Understanding of Data Science tools such as R, Weka, Numpy, Matlab is required to become a Data Scientist.
- A good understanding of Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras is required to become a Machine Learning Engineer.
- It is necessary to have good soft skills such as communication skills, work as a team member is important to become a Python developer.