Have you ever wondered why Python is the most preferred programming language for developers while working on their projects? Do you know why many tech giants and startups consider using Python as their primary programming language to develop their application?
The reason is simple:, this programming language provides numerous Integrated Development Environment (IDE’s)and Frameworks and also supports many databases.This is one of the factorsthat makes Python one of the most popular programming languages of the present IT industry.
Today, Python ranks high in providing more number of career opportunities for job- aspiring people. By looking at the opportunities provided by this programming language many IT professionals into making a career as a Python developer.
So, with the aim of helping such people learn Python, we are presenting this blog that discusses some of the important concepts of Python programming language, such as Python IDE’s, Python frameworks and Python databases.
Before you proceed to read this blog, we recommend you to read this blog that provides a good knowledge of Python OOPS concept. But if you are completely a new beginner, then we recommend you to read this blog that helps to know thebasic knowledge of Python programming knowledge.
Now in this blog, we will be covering some important topics such as:
- What arePython IDE’s?
- What are Python frameworks?
- What are Python databases?
What are Python IDE’s?
Python IDE’s (Integrated Development Environments) are designed with the aim of helping the developers to code and debug programs easily. These are the tools that allow the developers to write and edit code. IDE’s are usually lightweight and can be great for learning.
The IDE’s provide many features such as build automation, code linting, etc. Python IDE’s enable the developers to manage a large codebase and achieve quick development. They can use these IDE’s to develop desktop or web applications.
Here is the list of some of the top Python IDE’s:
PyCharm is one of the cross-platform IDE’s used for Python programming. PyCharm can be used in different operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is developed by JetBrains, a company that is well-known for creating software development tools.
The advantage of this IDE is that it provides many features such as code completion, code inspection, version control system and code refactoring, and many more.
Some of the features of PyCharm are as follows:
- This IDE offers a quick and safe refactoring of code
- This IDE allows developers to access many databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
Thonny is one of Python’s dedicated IDE’s, which comes with built-in Python 3. One of the advantages of this IDE is it has a simple User Interface so that entry-level learners find it easy to get started.
Even though this IDE is designed for beginners, it also contains a few useful features that can also be used for full-fledged for Python development.
Some of the features of Thonny IDE are as follows:
- It contains a simple debugger
- It automatically spots syntax error
- It provides support for evaluating an expression.
The Wing Python is a lightweight full-featured Python IDE that brings developers a more productive development experience. This IDE has capabilities such as powerful editing, code inspection, testing, and debugging.
It was created with an aim to speed up writing, debugging, and testing code to reduce the incidence of coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Some of the features of Wing Python IDE are:
- This IDE helps the developers to remove common errors and write better Python code
- This IDE supports test-driven development with various frameworks such as unittest, pytest, etc.
PyDev is one of the Python editors for Eclipse. This editor can also be used for IronPython and Jython development.
The advantage of this IDE is that it provides support for PyLint Integration, tokens browser, interactive console, Unittest integration, and remote debugger, etc.
Some of the features of PyDev are as follows:
- This IDE has interactive console shortcuts
- This IDE allows developers to create a Google App Engine (GAE) Python project.
Idle is a popular Integrated Development Environment. It is considered one of the best IDE’s for Python. This IDE is very simple and is mainly used by beginner-level developers who want to practice Python development.
There are many advantages of using this IDE. The fact that it supports syntax highlighting, and has auto code completion smart indentation like other IDE’s, are just a couple of them.
- It has a multi-window text editor that has many features like call tips, smart indentation, undo and Python colorizing
- It provides support for dialog boxes, browsers, and editable configurations.
Eric is one of the important Python IDE’s. The features of this IDE, such as brace matching, code compilation, a class browser, etc., are similar to those of other IDE’s. One of the advantages of using this IDE is that it has a Qt form preview function that becomes useful for the developers when they are developing a Qt GUI for their application.
Eric is a lightweight, full-featured programming environment, and learning this IDE can benefit the developers as it improves the quality of code.
PyZo is a simple IDE. It is a Qt-based editor with a built-in file browser, project overview, log, debugger, etc. It is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and introspection that makes it one of the suitable IDE’s for scientific computing.
Some of the features of Pyzo are as follows:
- Pyzo allows various ways to run code interactively
- It supports using several GUI toolkits interactively: asyncio, PySide2, etc.
- It offers full Unicode support in both editor and shell.
What are Python Frameworks?
Python is one of the most popular programming languages of the present IT world. One of the reasons why this programming language is popular is that it provides numerous frameworks.
Different frameworks have their own advantages and disadvantages. Developers need to select a particular framework based upon their project requirements and developer preferences.
Frameworks cut development time by automating the implementation of redundant tasks. They allow the developers to focus greatly on application logic rather than routine elements.
Do you know which is the right platform to learn IT certification courses? Read this blog that provides a good comparison about 6 major learning platforms
Some of the top Python frameworks are as follows:
CubicWeb is an open-source Python web framework. It is a well-defined Python semantic framework that focuses on the quality, reusability, and efficiency of the development solution.
One of the major benefits of this framework is the access it offers to a library of reusable components. It can also add any functionality and a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation.
Features of CubicWeb framework are as follows:
- It supports multiple databases
- It simplifies data related queries with the help of Relational Query Language (RQL)
Django is one of the powerful and high-level web application development frameworks that makes it possible for developers to build Python applications very quickly.
When compared to other frameworks, Python is a free-to-use framework that offers a huge number of built-in features rather than individual libraries.
Features of Django frameworks are as follows:
- It has enhanced support for web servers
- It has a huge number of ready-to-use libraries.
Falcon is one of the widely used Python frameworks. It is used for building reliable app backends and microservices. This framework is being used by many big companies like Linkedln, OpenStack, and RackSpace.
Features of Falcon frameworks are as follows:
- It has upfront exception handling
- It has idiomatic HTTP error responses.
TurboGears is an open-source, data-driven full-stack web application framework. This framework allows developers to quickly develop extensible data-driven web applications.
Turbogears comes with user-friendly templating and a powerful and flexible ORM.
Some of the features of TurboGears include:
- This framework supports SQLObject and SQLAlchemy
- It has multi-database support.
Flask is one of the popularPython frameworks. This framework depends upon the Werkzeug WSGI toolkit and the Jinja2 template. The main idea behind this framework is to help build a solid web application foundation. Its lightweight and modular design make it easily adaptable to the developer’s needs.
Some of the features of the Flask frameworks includes:
- It has integrated support for unit testing
- It has the ability to plug in any ORM
- It provides a built-in development server and a fast debugger.
Tornado is a Python web framework and asynchronous networking library. This makes it one of the great tools for building applications requiring high performance and tens of thousands of concurrent users.
Features of Tornado’s main features are:
- It has built-in support for user authentication
- It has high-quality performance
- It provides support for translation and localization.
Web2py is an open-source web application framework. This framework is written in Python programming language. It allows web developers to program dynamic web content using Python.
Web2py is a full-stack framework and consists of all the required components a developer needs to build fully functional web applications. It follows the Model-View-Controller pattern of running web applications.
What are Python databases?
A database is an organized collection of structured information, or data, typically stored electronically in a computer system. Usually, Database Management System (DBMS) controls the databases.
In most of the databases, the data is modeled in the form of rows and columns in a series of tables that make processing and data querying efficient. The data can then easily be accessed, managed, controlled and modified. Most of the databases use Structured Query Language (SQL) for writing and querying the data.
Many types of databases are available. Some of them are as follows:
1) PostgreSQL database:In relational databases, items are organized as a set of tables with rows and columns. Using this technology, it is possible to provide the most efficient and flexible way to access structured information.
2) Object-Oriented databases: In this type of databases, information is represented in the form of objects.
3) Distributed databases: Distributed databases consist of two or more files located in different sites. The databases may be stored in multiple computers or they may be located in the same physical location or scattered over different networks.
4) NoSQL databases: This database allows unstructured and semi-structured data to be stored and manipulated.
Following is the list of some of the top Python databases.
1) PostgreSQL database:
PostgreSQL is an open-source one RDBMS (Relational Databases Management System). This database is used for working with Python web applications.
In order to work with relational databases in Python, developers need to use a database driver which is referred to as a database connector. The most common driver library for working with PostgreSQL is psycopg2.
2) MySQL database:
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system. It is based on SQL (Structured Query Language). This database is mainly designed and optimized for web applications and can run on any platform.
MySQL is another important open-source database implementation for Python application. MySQLdb is an interface for connecting to a MySQL database server from Python.
MongoDB is a NoSQL database management system. It is a cross-platform, document-oriented databasethat provides high performance and easy scalability.
MongoDB is one of the important databases used for developing Python projects. This database uses JSON-like documents with a schema. It is written in the C++ programming language.
Python is undoubtedly emerging as one of the powerful programming languagesof the present IT industry. Python provides a lot of flexibility to developers working on their software projects. It offers a lot of IDE’s frameworks and supports many databases that make it one of the popular programming languages of the present IT industry.
This has been a guide to help all the aspiring Python developers to provide some valuable information about these topics.
Do you have any questions related to any of the topics mentioned above?Then, please send them in the comments section. If you think some more information needs to be discussed here, we request you to share your feedback in the comments section.
With all the information discussed above, we would like to give you a link to some online courses that contain some valuable courses on Python that we believe can be greatly helpful to you.
Finally, we request you to please share this blog into your circles so that it can reach to someone who is in need of similar kind of information.
- PyCharm is one of the cross-platform IDE’s used for Python programming. It can be used for different operating systems such as Windows. MacOS and Linux.
- Cubicweb is a Python web framework. This framework is a well-defined Python semantic framework that features quality, reusability, and efficiency of the development solution.
- Relational Database Management Systems items are organized as a set of rows and columns. Using this technology, it is possible to provide the most efficient and flexible way to access structured information.
- Web2Py is an open-source web application Python framework. It is a written Python programming language. It allows web developers to program dynamic web content using Python.
- MySQL database is an open-source relational database system. This database is based on SQL. This database is mainly designed and optimized for web application and this database can run on any platform.