In today’s technology space everyday new programming languages keeps emerging continuously. Each of the programming languages intends to provide a better solution to complex problems. With having so many programming languages, sometimes developers find it difficult to know which the most useful programming language to learn.
Every programming language have its own pros and cons and provide different kind of applications. For example PHP one of the most used programming language for creating web applications while Python is most widely used in Machine Learning.
Hence it is very important to choose the right programming language to learn that benefits your career development. People do have questions like which is the most common programming language used today?
So to help all such aspiring people to know some to the top programming languages of the present IT world, here we are presenting this blog that discusses some of the top programming language of the present IT industry.
You can also look into these online courses that provide some valuable courses on different technologies that you find it very useful.
Some of the top programming languages that we will be discussing in this blog are as follows:
Now let us discuss each of these programming languages separately.
Java a general purpose, high level, programming language is undoubtedly one of the most common programming language used today. This programming was developed by a computer scientist James Gosling.
As per Oracle, a MNC which owns Java says that nearly 3 billion devices run on this programming language. Today, Java is one of the most preferred programming languages of many companies such as Amazon, Google, Spotify, Instagram Netflix etc. Java programming language is used to write most android apps.
Some of the applications of Java programming language are as follows:
- Desktop applications
- Website applications
- Android applications
- Big data manipulation
- Cloud Computing
Some of the features of Java:
- Java is simple: Java programming language is considered as one of the easiest programming language to learn. It has simple syntax and is very is easy to understand.
- Supports OOPS concept: Java supports Object Oriented Programming Concept. This feature of Java provides a lot of flexibility to developers as this methodology simplifies software development and maintenance by providing some rules.
- Platform independent: Platform independent is one of the important feature of Java. This feature allows the developers to write the java code once and run it on multiple platforms.
- Provides huge libraries: Java programming language provides large number of libraries that helps the developers to easily develop software applications.
- High performance: Javaprogramming language is considered to be faster compared to other programming language.
- Java is Multi-threaded: Java platform is designed with multithreading capabilities built into the language. It means that developers can build applications with many concurrent threads of activity, resulting in highly interactive and responsive applications.
Which programming language is mostly used in Artificial Intelligence? ORhave any idea of what programming language is most used in Machine Learning? The answer to these question is Python. The reason why Python is most widely used programming language are many such as: Python is a general-purpose, objected-oriented, high-level programming language.
This programming language is designed to be highly readable. Some of the advantages of using Python programming is it supports functional and structured programming as well as Object-Oriented Programming Concepts.
Python is considered a great language for beginner-level programmers. It also supports the development of a wide range applications from simple text processing to WWW browsers to game.
Some of the features of Python are as follows:
- Easy to read: Python is considered to be one of the easiest programming language to learn.
- Huge library support: Python provides a large number of libraries that helps the developers to build their software applications.
- Scalable: Python programming language a better structure and support for large programs than shell scripting.
- Portable: Python programming language can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms. It has the same interface on all platforms.
R is a programming language and environment that is used for statistical computing, data analytics and scientific research. This programming language is mainly used by statisticians, data analysts, researchers. It is also one of the most used programming language for statistics.
R provides a wide variety of statistical and graphical techniques and this programming language is highly extendable.
Where R programming language is used for:
- Data Science
- Statistical computing
- Machine Learning.
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. This programming language enables the developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. PHP is cross platform programming language. It means developers can deploy their application on different operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
PHP is integrated with a popular databases such as:
- Sybase, etc.
Some of the characteristics of PHP are as follows:
SQL stands for Structure Query Language. It is a programming language that allows the developers to work with data.
SQL is a standard language for dealing with relational databases. It can be used to insert, search, update and delete database records.
SQL can also be perform operations such as optimizing and maintaining databases.
Some of the characteristics of SQL are as follows:
- It is easy to learn
- It is used to describe the data
- It is used to define the data in database and manipulate it when needed
- It is used to create and drop the database and table.
Most of the websites in todays world have
- It is object based programming language as it provides predefined objects.
C# is a programming language of .Net framework. C# is a simple, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language. It is developed by Microsoft.
C# is mainly used for developing desktop applications, we forms, web applications, windows applications, database applications etc.
Some of the features of C# programming language are as follows:
- It is simple: C# is a simple programming language. It provides structured approach, has rich set of library functions and data types etc.
- Object-Oriented Concept: C# supports Object-Oriented concept. This factor makes development and maintenance easier.
- Scalable and updatable: The advantage of using C# is that it is automatic scalable and updatable.
This has been a guide to discuss some of the top programming language of the present IT industry. These are the top programming languages that are in high demand and offers a huge carrier opportunities for job aspirants.
We hope that our readers have found some valuable information reading this blog. If you have any suggestion or if you think that some more information needs to be discussed in this blog than please send your feedback in the comment section.
In addition to all the valuable information discussed above, now we would like to introduce you to these online courses that provides a library of all valuable courses on various technologies that we believe can be of great helpful to you.
Now we request you to please share this blog in your circle so that it can reach to more people who are in need of similar kind of information.